Sunday, October 3, 2010

WeEkend LoVe


This weekend was more relaxing than every. Friday night I went to Target with my mother and Lisa, and bought Omar the best care package yet. I spent just $100 and got him almost everything on the list that he said he needed. Target was having a sale on sheets so I got him two sets and then I got also got him a complete bed set for his room due to the fact he doesn't like the one which was provided to him and he's just as picky as I am.
I sent him a ton of snacks which included some of his favorites like Pringles and Moon pies. Also hygiene essentials because he never has time to shop at the PX for stuff like that. I was very happy I didn't go over my limit and was able to send him two huge boxes. I know he loves receiving mail and it keeps his sprits high. It also gives us both something to look forward to. On and even brighter note the post office once again didn't charge me to send them either which is always an A+ in my book.

Saturday I actually cleaned up the dog's area and the back yard because they have destroyed it with their daily activities. While I was cleaning my friend Laura saw me in the back yard and came over to see me. I was so happy to see her. She has been dancing frequently and is also attending school to be a Physical Therapist. (She already has her BA in Dance Studies.) Im so proud of her because she is living her dream, and not many people our age can say that. She has been determined to make it as a dancer and has succeeded at her goal even with all the obstacles at hand.


Laura in action <3>

After Brooklyn, Harlem and myself visited with Laura, I did some laundry and cleaned up my room. It was destroyed form the week's "getting ready for work tornado" that comes through every morning. You would think I would prepare myself clothing the night before but I will never learn. Well, anyway later on in the evening I went to see Maria and picked up Alison on the way. I have been visiting frequently with Maria and Alison, I actually can count on them to be there for some sanity time every saturday. My big sister in the sorority Samantha, as usual showed up towards the end of the night which is alway nice. Our agenda for the night included watching the Blind side (cute movie), ate Chinese, and of course planned out trip to Boston. We decided Nov 5th (which is my actual Birthday) is the day we leave to see Rebecca. Im actually really excited to see her mostly, AND PLUS it's always an adventure to travel with Alison.

Today I took it easy and slept in late. I spoke to Omar for a little through Skype but had to cut the convo short because I promised my mother we would get our nails done (I love my new color bTdubs). Afterward I visited with my mother and sister-in-law and ate more Chinese "). We all spoke to Omar through Skype and it was so nice to see him with them there. He made us all laugh and I couldn't help but tear up. I didn't let anyone see of course but with very conversation we have I cant help but to miss him more. Month two is slowly coming to an end, but I still can't help but want the time to go even faster. It dose seem like yesterday he left but my selfish ways are never satisfied.

P.S. Tomorrow I have an interview for that big position I've been writing about wish me luck ...

Keep e'm Rolling

No comments:

Post a Comment