Monday, October 18, 2010

Platinum WhAt?


I have this new found obsession with getting my nails done and then going to the other girls to see what color they got their done and compare. I feel so much better after I get my nails done. I never use to do them as regular as I do them now. My nail salon only charges $14 for a mani and pedi and around my way thats a steal.


sew psyched by Essie

This week I picked a color which I thought was gray but really turned out to be the color of my husbands Army uniform. I thought it was ugly at first but it's growing on me, and apparently it the hottest thing right now next to the girl combat boot
( P.S. also my new obsession SHOES).

So I decided i'll be also updating ya'll with my weekly manicure colors. OPI and Essie have the hottest colors right now for the fall there isn't enough weeks in the season to try them all. Lisa says I always go for the clay colors but you girls can be the judge of that.

Today I went looking for this months book club pick but instead I stumbled on Jillian Michael's book

"Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body"

Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body! [Book]

Which is exactly what I need to kick off my 3 month diet phase before Omar's arrival. Being a yo-yo dieter since High School my metabolism isn't the metabolism of a 20 something year old. I carry most of my weight in my mid section and arms and I got an ass like woah. I'm practically done with the book but I decided to re-read it once I'm don't to take notes and lost of them. This more of a life style change than a diet. It has a ton of things I didn't know and some yummy looking recipes. Im also purchasing her work out videos which aren't as expensive as I though they would be. I can feel some results form the last few days of cutting carbs and exercising but I also need to learn how to eat for the future. I give this book a A+ for women need that push.


Just keep swimming ....

2 comments:

  1. "and an ass like woah" HAHA! you crack me up!
    Good luck with your diet plan...I've realzied that if i focus less on dieting, and more on activies to keep me moving i've been dropping weight! You living in the city im sure you walk a TON! Lots and Lots of water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive already dropped 6 pounds from being back in ny but i wana be back at my comfty size 5 again. I dont wana be a twig because im not meant to be but i wana be able have more energy and not worry if things are gunna make me like like a fat girl trying to be a skinny bitch ya know :)

    ReplyDelete