Sunday, October 31, 2010

Omar and Kim Yes

Today marks the 2 year anniversary for the day the man of my dreams got on his knee and asked me to marry him. The day I got engaged was surrounded with the mist of a deployment just waiting to happen. I had just arrived in Ft Hood Texas to see O off to Iraq. He had just gotten out of basic and was starting to settle in to his first army base. He was a brand new private and I was just getting use to my boyfriend living across the United States.

During the week we found out he was leaving the following weekend on his 1st deployment. With just getting home from a weekend away in Texas I didn't know if I would make it to see him off, but something told me I had to do find away. The day before he left I hopped on a plane at JKF not knowing what was going to happen in the months that followed. After a 6 hour plan I arrived in Killeen and he was waiting for me with the his infamous smile on. I didn't know how to act the whole day and I was on the verge of tears every time he looked at me. Filled with a thousand emotions it was finally time for us to see him off. My mother-in-law and I gathered with the rest of the families in the gym near his troop to see the boys off.

After sitting there for almost an hour, O had came from behind and had asked me what I was doing. I couldn't help but just smile at him. His buddy yelled at him and told him he had forgotten something which brought everyones attention towards us in the gym. I looked back and saw a small box in his hand. Before iI knew it O was on his knee and I couldn't believe what was happening. I asked him if he was serious over several times and well now you can watch the rest....



An hour later I saw him get on a bus and he was off to Iraq. I was lucky the deployment only lasted 4 months. He was home before his 21st birthday and we got married by the justice of the peace on May 24th 2009. This year coming up we will be celebrating our to 2 year anniversary.

Ayyieaaa ....



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljE72L3atvY


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog but just found it on your page. :) I am such a hopeless romantic and this post and the video brought tears to my eyes...it seems like out of a dream...and I'm so glad you had this experience amidst the chaos of seeing someone off when they deploy. I love being in love and seeing others in love, and this just made my heart fly...happy 2 year anniversary of this day to you two...many happy years to come. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Kim no tears just happy thoughts have an awesome week <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry they were happy tears. :) I hope you have an awesome week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so amazing. What a wonderful surprise. Congratulations on the 2 year anniversary !

    ReplyDelete