Wednesday, October 6, 2010

O HumP This Friday That

SO this week was filled with your average work days… no biggy some paper work new orders you know the usual. I've been pretty steady at work it hasn't been to crazy. I think I have been more preoccupied with the Omar factor than anything else. I have been trying to find peace with my self and peace with other but it hasn't been happening. We had an average week of talking on the phone for at least thirty to forty mins. I know I'm completely spoiled. He cant sleep so he talks to me. I'm sure if he could sleep I wouldn't get so much attention, but I cant complain. In the past we have had several occasion where I did not get along with people in his life and visa versa. Apparently one took it upon themselves to tell him to make sure he is watching my FB closer. Apparently I am running around NY doing things I shouldn't be. It's interesting how others find time to make one miserable just to make themselves feel better. The conversation about that message was cut short because unlike many other couples we trust each other.

Thursday came and went and Friday was another issue. When Omar was growing up, he had a lot of female who consider him their best friend. I feel as though a best friend is a strong title. Not something you should throw around unless you truly are sure that person who one of your closest companions in life. My best friend is someone who has been through it all with me and hasn't left my side since day one. A person who can tell what my limits are and when something is going good or bad. Someone who I hold very close to my heart. My best friend and Omar also have their own relationship where they are able to communicate when needed. On the other hand when it comes to Omar's best "girl friends" as call themselves they take their relationships to another level which I do not agree with. I'm not say my husband is unable to have female friends, but as a married man no female should call him on a daily basis unless it's his mother. Omar is a very friendly person and I think his friendliness can be taken the wrong way. While speaking to him yesterday I asked if certain persons in question had written him and he had said no because he knew that I don't care for them, so he did not provided them with his address in Iraq. I felt bad for not letting him communicate with people that are supposed to be important in his life. So I wrote both girls and enclosed in my messages I gave them his address. One response was pleasant but the other turned into a big fight and I regretted my decision of being nice. I don't want to be the bad person and I don't like having people have the wrong impression about me. I just believe no one understands the concept of marriage and in marriage things are not as they were when you were single.

People don't always realize a friendly conversation here and there in reality doesn't make you more than just acquaintances either. The concept of being best friends is honestly in my mind is ridiculous. It may be the fact I'm being bias because I never knew these people. These people are random and have no use in my life. They come and go as they please and they like the concept of having a best friend when it's to their advantage. I have hatred toward one person in particular because she fights with me and tells me I'm wrong for not wanting my husband to talk to her. Last time I check I was married to him and not her. Who is she to me? but a spec on the world who if never existed I would have never noticed. At least I can say I tried to be nice. I tried to be civil. And I don't need another friend. I have plenty and even if I didn't she has cause so much trouble that I wouldn't go to her as my 1st choice in a new friend.

On a lighter note Omar's re-enlistment pictures are up. Finally I wish I could have been there for this life changing experience but instead I got a phone call at 330 in the morning saying he had just finish signing the paper work which will extend his contract to 8 years instead of getting out next November. We are moving to Ft Benning and I couldn't be more excited. One to get out of NY and two for new experiences with him.



Saying his oath.


Its official!


He's my best friend my husband and my heart. I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself if anything happened to him. I wish people wouldn't be so cruel and live their own lives instead of trying to be apart of ours.



1 comment: