Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silence

The overall weekend was ok I really cant complain. Friday work went smoothly I roamed around the office most of the time. Working on political is intense but not when the orders haven't come in. I basically spent most of my time working for my old team and catching up with an old friends. Lunch was nice went to he pub with Elizabeth and got a surprise phone call from Omar. He's doing well. He's finally reach his point of interest and will be there for the months to come. He's in good spirts and has established a comfortable area for himself and his roommate. He has discovered google calls which always him to call me form his computer with no charge. Due to a revativly good interest connection he has called me several times since. I'll amite its nice that hes has these capabilities but i know they will shortly not be so frequent do to the requirements his job holds. We are on week four so time is moving and I like that the fast past life style i live here is helping it along.

Yesterday marked the 9th anniversary of the September 11th tragedy. The city was in silence most of the morning and the church bells rang on the minutes that each tower were hit and again when the ceremonies in the city were done. I can remember the occurrence like it was yesterday. It was my first day of actual high school and we were going through the monitions of going to each class for the first time. We were all excited till the loud speaker came on saying that the towers were under attack. No one knew what to thing but all we saw form the top floor religious class room I was sitting in was smoke and flames coming from the city scape. We relive that day over and over again every year and Omar is where he is now because of that day. Its crazy how ones actions can change the whole faith of the world and start probly one of the longest batles the world has seen. Hate is such an ugly thing and I wish people could stop hating each other. But who am I to say anything> I think we are all guilty of hating someone or something just because the way they look, act, or feel. No one ever looks past the bad and see good in things they don't agree with. Its silly because mostly everything can be avoid but its inevitable to choose the most gracious decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment