Sunday, September 19, 2010

DaNcE DanCe DanCe


Its almost 2am on monday morning I cant sleep so I'm hoping me looking at this screen will help me. I had an ok weekend. Still in pain from walking down 25 flights of stairs at work on friday afternoon. Your probably thinking y due to the fact I walked down but the boots I had on were heavy and the building I work in is quite tall. I hope to be ok for work tomorrow if not ill be miserable. Any how I did nothing but hang out and complain. Saturday my baby cousin had her 1st day of dancing school which is a big deal in my family . We all start dance by 3 and it's the usual 3 classes tap, jazz, and the most important ballet. We all have hopes for the next little one to make it at dance. I wish I continued I miss it, but as you can see little miss Gabriella is all ready for it.


Gabriella ready to get shaking.

After all the excitement was over from Gaby showing us what she learned in class and telling us about her new found friends. It was time to have the teenagers over for some popcorn and movie time. I decided to stay in and let my God daughter have some of her friends over in my house so she could have some chill time without parental around. I never realized how loud teenagers are. I had a splitting headache by the end of the night and a mess and a half down stairs. Ashely did appreciate me though in the end. So I guess the clean up and the excessive use of Advil was worth the smile on her face.

Girls will be girls.

I spoke to Omar several times over the weekend as well. He has his room completely set up including a TV, Microwave, and Fridge not to mention his XBox which he received on Friday has been up and running since he got the box. I love being able to see his face on the weekends like he just down the block and were to lazy to leave the house. He still cracks jokes at me and I still smile like he's the best thing next to slice bread. We act like we are on date mode sometimes and I love that feeling. It seems that things are picking up there now and he's a lot more active. I cant wait till May which is his R & R time frame. I hope to plan some sort of trip and not stay in NY, but let see how that pans out.

I also am looking forward to seeing my sorority sister at non sorority events lately. These girls keep my mind going its crazy how we have all grown up so differently but get along so well. Tonight we went to Omonia which is a Greek Lounge in my parts of town. It was nice just making fun of each other and talking about school and girl stuff. They don't ask me much about the deployment which I like because I'm getting a little sick of people asking me about how Omar is doing and how am I holding up. I know they mean well but it's getting repetitive.

One problem I'm having is the going out issue beyond your simple just night group hang out. Sometimes they ask me to go place where I do not feel comfterable going . I know that they are just being nice and want to join them in their weekend events but I hope people start to understand that I'm not your average NY 23 year old. I made the descsion to give up the privileges I once had and got married. With marriage comes sacrifice and I am unable to do some things in which most 23 year old do, such as go to bars and clubs. I would never want to without my husband. I feel like there would be something missing there and I don't think he would appreciate it as well. Not that he doesn't trust me just the simple fact of keeping myself out of certain situations comes into play.

Overall it wasn't a bad weekend. I just wish I wasn't feeling like my legs were hit by a baseball bat and ran over by a semi. Till tomorrows adventures ...

1 comment:

  1. awhh kimmers <3 i was really thankful for saturday and u know how much it really meant to me since it was a special day <3 awhhh :'D

    ReplyDelete