Friday, September 24, 2010

An ApPle A Day

Today was hectic as always all I had on my mind was my poor pup and why I was at work. As usual I woke up at 5:30 bright and early. Got some clothes together and rushed down to see how Mr. Melendez was doing. He hadn't seem to change from the night before which made me worry even more. The dogs got their usual feeding and were sent out to the yard, but Harlem did not move. He sat looking at me as though he was thinking" really ?" . I honestly didn't know wether or not to call out from work, but the amount of work I have right now I can't afford to spare a day. I was lucky enough I was able to leave work early and rush home for a 6p.m. appointment with the vet. By the time I got home he was fine which made me mad, but I rather be safe than sorry.
IMG00049-20100924-1844.jpg
Chilling at the Vet's



Two hours later and a bunch of kisses Harlem was finally seen. The doctor ran some test and luckily there were no parasites in his feces. Even though nothing was found he prescribed several medication and gave him a few shoots. Four to be exact. Harlem cried which made me tear up. My mother couldn't even look and began to tear up too. Its crazy how our pets become our family. My puppy's are my children and the only thing of Omar's I can actually cuddle and feel close to.

IMG00050-20100924-1926.jpg
"Please let me down"

After the the excitement from the vet was over, I ran home to shower and change into appropriate clothing ;) for a meeting with the girls. We all got together at Val's house for a fun night of gossip and spilt soda. My biggie came through and her, Maria, Lauren, and I decided to take a trip to the diner. My big told us all about her birthday which i wasn't able to attend and complained about the little things in life.

. IMG00051-20100924-2307.jpg
Samantha and her French onion soup.




It seems like we are growing up so fast and time is never on our sides. But unlike my fellow friends I have hopes and dreams of starting a family very soon. These girls look at me as though I'm crazy but I really want a child and everything that comes with it. Omar and I have be discussing our re-enlistment options and it looks like we will be making our way down the
Ft. Benning. Im pretty excited. Lynn said it was one of her favorite post. I trust her judgment.

But for the time being I got back into Brooklyn College. Wish me well ...
IMG00053-20100925-0006.jpg

Skype time with John Waits and Nathan Stopps

No comments:

Post a Comment