Sunday, September 26, 2010

OuCh


Well, this weekend was apt weekend fro me and the kizzz (as my mother-in-law likes to call them). After the whole Harlem ordeal saturday was my turn to see the doctor, well dentist to be exact. I had a lovely visit with my new dentist. He's actually around my corner which it pretty convient and works of saturdays which is even better. I found out the one of my root canals was infected and needs to be redone, but hopefully all will turn out ok and I wont need to replace the tooth. With all the moving working and everyday life activities I do, I completely neglected anything which had to do with doctors or dentist. Which has lead to more work being done on my mouth. Luckily I'mI not scare of the dentist because I honestly would have no teeth. The visit took almost 2 hours and lead to a lot of pain afterward but it wasn't anything a little pain killers and some antibiotics couldn't fix.

Later that night I actually met up with one of my pledge sister Jeeves. I picked her up and we went to the infamous and famous L&B pizzeria down in the Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. After two italians ices and a forty minute wait, we finally were seated and had the most amazing pasta in Brooklyn. Well, one of the most amazing pastas places near me. I can say I'M lucky to live in the area where I have access to all kinds of foods. We spent the night catching up and laughing about the past. One thing I love about Alison is she doesn't try to relate to my situation by complaining she hasn't seen her boyfriend in two days but listens to me and doesn't judge or complain about my restrictions or feelings. I like having a person I can just vent to without taking a breath and I know they are actually listening than just pretending to. We are now planing a trip to Boston to visit one of our other Pledge sisters Rebecca aka fresh for her 21st birthday which is my birthday weekend as well. Im pretty excited to also celebrate my birthday with some of the most important people in my life. Just wish Omar could enjoy it as well.

Well, after a night of good laughs and good food I had to run home because Brooklyn was being spayed the next morning. In the New York City area we have an animal shelter called the ASPCA. This shelter has portable truck where they spay and neuter pets for free if you have certain insurance plans. Luckily my grandmother qualified for a free operation for Brooklyn and we were able to get her spayed and up to date on all her shots. Due to the fact the truck only takes only the first couple of pets they can fit, we had to arrive extra early, like 5a.m. early.



By the time we got to the location we were number 8 on the list, and it was 5:45. Some people were out there actually around 4a.m. We returned around 2 o'clock to pick her up and she look as though someone had beaten her. Her eyes were swollen form the medication and she fully hadn't woken up form the anesthesia. The doctor placed a cone around her head so she wouldn't pick at the stitches. I couldn't stand seeing her in pain I started to cry and so did my mother. But overall it was worth it. She will be less likely to get most common diseases many female dogs can develop which is a plus as well.



Waiting in line to see the doctor.

After the surgery was done.

Omar got to see the dogs this weekend through Skype. He was pretty mad at me for putting them both through pain, but understood it was necessary. I had some moments this weekend where I could have really used him, or at least pick up the phone and be able to call him. But i'm lucky enough he calls almost like clock work on the weekends. Im hoping month two goes as fast as month one did. Christmas is only three months away, and as soon as the holidays pass, it will be smooth sailing from there on.

Sailing away ...

No comments:

Post a Comment