Sunday, April 10, 2011

CaTCh Up SuNDay


Well, a lot has been going on the last few days. Last time I wrote Mr. hadn't been able to call due to a Camo Blackout. The reality of War has completely set in. I have taken advantage of the fact that I get a phone call everyday and sometimes it doesn't even feel like he is actually deployed. When He finally got to call my Tuesday morning and I started to cry when I heard his voice. I'm lucky to have the relationship I do with my husband. We are each other best friends so when the other one hasn't checked in there is always that empty feeling.

The bad news I got about Omar's unit over the weekend was just the tip of the Ice Berg for me. My father and his two brothers rushed down to Florida to say goodbye to their brother. My uncle passed away on Friday afternoon after a long week of waiting to see what was going to happen. I'm grateful that my father was able to be by his side and that he is getting the chance to spend with his family even though it is a very unfortunate event.

With everything that has been going on I decided to call out of work on Friday because I was to sick to my stomach to move. By the afternoon I was off to run earns for my cousins ring ceremony. We had to run all over Staten Island in order to decorate 2 parties and then headed back to Brooklyn. Before I knew it was time to head to the island again for the ceremony. I was 15 minutes late but was able to see her get her ring. The reality of not getting to see her actually graduated makes me sad. That this time I have with the girls now is completely precious. I cant believe I only actually have about 10 weekends left till I move. It hasn't completely hit me yet but before I know it will soon .

Saturday was filled with Baby shower earns and blue ribbon. Mr's cousin is having a baby boy this up coming July so the families got together to celebrate this occasion.


After the baby shower I went out to Jersey with my cousin Tina to see our older cousins Cindy. She recently got out of the service with her husband and moved closer to home. It was good to see her after so many years of being apart. It really seemed like we have never been apart. Tina is sad that I'm moving away at the beginning of the Summer but it just gives her an excuse to get out of NY.

TO wrap up the weekend I got into a major fight with my neighbor about my dogs. Apparently they are destroying their yard but have never been in it ever. There is a gate between the two yards and the dogs have no way for crossing into their yard. But do to the fact they bark and pee in my yard they are unable to enjoy their yard. It's the winter I'm leaving in less than 3 months and P.S. its my parents house and yard. The dogs stay in the house primarily the whole day except to stretch their legs and play 2 times a day. Sorry i cant actually tell them where they can and can not pee. I clean up the yard with soap and water every time they mess. I probably cried for about 3 hours after the argument because I don't like living in animosity. I have to see these people everyday of my life and my parents don't deserve to be yelled at because of my pets. My father is putting up a new fence this next weekend so there ins't anymore problems I just hope these people don't continue to yell at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment