Sunday, February 20, 2011

OOOoo BiLly




Well, this weekend was filled with Vet visits... family shopping broken phones and finally some down time. Friday I did my usual trip to see the babies. Well, we all know they aren't babies anymore but they are my little cousins so I consider them babies. They completely ignored me due to the teenage ooo the world revolves around me, not you faze. I realize my god daughter isn't 10 years old anymore and she doesn't think I'm the coolest person around anymore. Now she has a boyfriend and is looking at colleges. She's going to be 17 in a few weeks and about to take her road test. The middle one who is about to enter High School has some love still lingering for me, but she's almost off the Kim band wagon as well, and as for the 3 year old, she just wants soda and video games and acts likes she 17 rather than a child who's about to be four. Even with no attention I still had fun debating with Gabby what her birthday party is going to be like and how much fun it's going to be.

Gabby's latest addition to her Gymboree collection.

My weekend continued with phone calls to my trusty cell phone carrier explaining my phone doesn't work even with the 20 trouble shooting exercises they preformed on it. They told me I need a new sim card, which I had no time to pick up, would fix the problem. I believed them and went phone-less for another 24 hours as I headed to the Vet with 3 dogs and 3 stressed out adults. I originally had an appointment for my little princess Brooklyn to see a Vet at the North Shore Animal League. North Shore is a no kill pound which also has a low cost Veterinarian clinic. I invited my cousin to tag along with her dog Jack (which she adopted from the North Shore) for his yearly visit as well. My parents decided it would be a good Idea to take my bigger dog Harlem as well on the trip to get the dogs done in one shot instead of taking them separately. I agreed against my better judgment and we embarked on a long hour drive with 3 dogs and my father mother and cousin in one van. The trip over was fine there was minimum barking and some wining but we all got there in one piece. Harlem and Brooklyn aren't use to other dogs due to the fact I made the mistake not socializing them with other dogs. I just don't have the time to take them to the park totally my fault. Harlem was the worst I have ever seen him. He barked at anything that came his way, snapped which he never dose, and was completely a mess when asking him do sit and stay seated. I was embarrassed by his reactions towards the visit. Brooklyn wanted to say hello by jumping on everyone and could not be near Harlem at all. Jack was the only clam one out of the bunch and I was probably the most stressed out of all the adults. Finally 3 hours later we got all the shots and visits done and we were on our way home. I completely regret not doing the things as a pet owner I needed to do. I might feed them the best food and treats buy them a ton of toys and taught them to sit and go in the cage, but there is so much more I need to do.Exhausted form the visit I was unable to attend a function that I was invited to go and completely disappointed about it. BUT I walked into a little surprise left by O.


My just because he loves my flowers <3>

Even 10000000 miles away he can make me feel better after a stressful day.
The card read "For ever single one that did't get there"
O bought me flowers almost every week when he was home.
So there were over 20 tulips to make up for the weeks I didn't get flowers.


Today was another fun filled day of shopping and fixing mixed with sister time. I was woken up with the question of driving to Target by my mother. Needing dog food and snacks for work I agreed to take a ride with her and my grandparents. The trip was OK until we arrived at the shopping center. My grandfather who is in pretty good shape for his age was the driver. I haven't driven with him in a while, but didn't expect him to steal peoples parking's and cut traffic off. He still has his old teenage habits. We got through an afternoon of trying to find Miss Gabby a new Wii system, which took several stores and keeping my spring chicken of a grandmother within site for most of the time. On our way out I decided to dived home so my Mother wouldn't have a heart attack.

Due to the fact I was still phone-less after the Target fiasco, I decided to call my trusty cell phone carrier for the no exaggeration, 8th time. Finally I was switched to Apple and they told me it was in fact the phone and not the service. I was told to go to an Apple store and they would replace the phone for free. CAN I SAY SCORE! The phone was a hand me down from my mother-in-law and was still under warranty. SO that was a plus. I got home from the Apple store and I was off to spend the night with my sister-in-law. We watched Titanic, which I can watch a million times and still cry and caught the FT. Hood extreme makeover show. During my time in Ft. Hood I couldn't stand it, but watching what I called home at a point on television made me miss it. I cant wait till I start moving back down to "THE GREAT PLACE" in a few months. I'm ready to go Home. It was a great display of bravery and what a true Army wife is. Not these girls who go out and spend their husbands money when they are deployed, but a strong individual who will stick by the man she loves through it all <3.

Lisa and Mikey <3

SO my jammed pack weekend is not over yet. Tomorrow is a lovely day off from work and also day one back to losing weight and getting ready for another Home Coming. Remember the banner I wrote about a few days back. Well, it got her and so did the anxiety and excitement of mr coming home. I made some arrangements for a friend from Ft. Hood to fly up for a visit and to drive back down with me for my first trip. Also there is discussion going on at the moments for Lisa to join me on the final drive down later in the summer. Two trips I'm definitely looking forward too ")

2 comments:

  1. Spa day is def in order but i have to lose 30 pounds 1st. That will be m treat before mr. gets home :) and for losing this unwanted weight.

    ReplyDelete